Website Kraton Chemical, LLC
Starting Rate: $35.80/hour
- Performs responsibilities with Safety First. Performs routine maintenance, installation and integration of various types of process control instrumentation equipment such as transmitters, controllers, integrators, recorders, square root extractors and final drive elements. Make repairs to electrical power, motor and motor control circuits. Must be able to effectively communicate and speak English.
- Routine maintenance which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Field fault analysis – determines if instrument has failed or if it is a process problem.
- Field calibration of instrumentation utilizing proper test equipment
- Complete overhaul in shop environment to include component replacements, alignments and calibration to specifications of record.
- Repair of signal transmission facility such as tubing, wiring, etc.
- Instrumentation to include pneumatic, electronic and digital equipment.
- Fault analysis of hardwire relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits (120V to 480V 3phase) and common utility / lighting circuits.
- Installation of new control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested, to include design, load and Implementation of new control logic.
- Fault analysis of PLC based systems with control logic modification if required.
- Makes recommendation to improve reliability of equipment, maintenance programs
- Experience in installation, programming and troubleshooting VFDs.
- Develops, prepares and presents recommendations and reports as requested.
- Must have the ability to interpret schematic drawings (to component level) of pneumatic loops, hardware relay logic diagrams, PLC control programs, motor control circuit diagrams, etc.
- Must associate circuit symbols with actual components to include solid state electronics (transistors, integrated chips, resistors, capacitors, etc.) and common industrial electrical hardware (relays, contactors, starters, etc.).
- Must have good mathematical skills to include basic algebra for calculation of electrical/electronic equations as applicable in water/wastewater treatment and basic trigonometry for calculation of vectors as in VFD systems.
- Must be able to install electrical conduit of the various trade size (pvc, emt, rigid) and install instrumentation tubing.
- The ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals. Must be able to lift and maneuver 50 pounds.
Education, Certifications & Licenses
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Journeyman, licenses, and professional trade certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with diploma from accredited Technical School, military electrical/electronic training OR a minimum ten years field experience in industrial environment, without a degree.
- Instrumentation Journeyman license preferred
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kraton.com.